Saturday, August 7, 2010

What was I thinking!

I worked late last night, then went to dinner with Rick. After dinner we went over to his home and sat on the deck, just to cool off. The evening was wonderful. Beautiful evening sky with a light cool Mapleton breeze.

But I needed to get home and shower, to get cleaned up from working all day. Rick warned me against a shower. Saying "You won't like it". Why? Well, my hot water heater quit on me the night before. It had started to leak, ALOT. So I turned it off and got most of the water drained. My new hot water heater was in the garage, Rick had found one for me today, but it wasn't connected yet.

I could heat up some water on the stove and have a bath. I thought that would take too much time and I was tired. So, I thought, I'll just have a quick shower, how bad could it be. OH MY! It was bad! I stood in the shower and turned on the water full blast.... It seriously took my breath away. That ice cold water hitting the top of head with all it's frozen ice daggers, felt like a thousand frozen nails. I quickly turned off the water. Then trying to catch my breath, I think at more than one point I screamed.

I then got the shampoo, conditioner and soap and proceeded to shower WITHOUT any water. (Try THAT someday). At this point I am freezing, covered in shampoo and soap and scared to death to turn on the water again. Now what do I do?

Well, I bent down and just rinsed my hair, caught my breath and rinsed the rest of me, one part at a time. Pausing to breathe, shivering and shaking the whole time. NEVER will I try that again. How did the Pioneers do it? Bathing in lakes and steams, no wonder they were so tough and strong.

Here are some tips for showering with out a hot water heater:

Use less shampoo and conditioner. (It takes too long to rinse it out.)
Do one body part at a time. (Hopefully you don't have a lot of body parts.)
Don't have little children in the home. (The screaming might scare them.)
Wear all the winter clothes you can. (You seriously will be freezing.)

Last tip:

DO NOT SHOWER WITHOUT A WORKING HOT WATER HEATER!

No comments: