Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Winter

Rainy and windy today, snow in the mountains.

I'm not ready for winter.

When I looked up at the mountains in Provo a few weeks ago and saw the autumn leaves, for the first time, I felt ..... hummm ..... anxious, concerned, uneasy, sad (just to name a few of the emotions I was feeling). Winter and working outdoors means... lots of clothes ie. thermals, heavy socks, boots and boot covers, sweatshirts, hooded jacket, coat and gloves. It's a wonder I can even move. While it was pouring rain and the wind was blowing sideways I tried to put up my tent, so I could work. Have you ever tried to put up a "pop up tent" in the wind? I thought I was going to fly to Oz! I ended up sitting in the rain with my umbrella covering my splice. My hands got so cold I could hardly work. (I almost swore, sorry.) Thank goodness for heaters. Got in my truck when I finished and got REALLY warm.

I'm such a complainer when it comes to winter. But.... the sun did finially come out and while I was driving home the mountains by Elk Ridge looked so beautiful with the red and yellow leaves, they just seemed to sparkle in the sunlight.

You sure can see God's hand in all things, I need to remind myself daily that " you need to take the bad with the good." We wouldn't have such beautiful scenery if it wasn't for the rain and the snow.

So like the song says "BRING ON THE RAIN"

No comments: